Little details give Amazing results
I’m going to show you how to paint the plastic safety eyes, which I use in most of my designs. It is a small detail, but can add so much and you are only limited by your imagination. Choose your colors and decide if you want a solid color, glitter, a shape or patterned design.
You will need:
- Clear Nail Polish
- Acrylic Paint or Colored Nail Polish
- Paint Brush
- Tooth Pick (optional)
- Clear Safety Eyes in a size suitable for your project, like this 30mm clear one
- Coat the back of the eye with clear nail polish, allow to dry.
- If you’re adding any spots, lines, patterns or shapes…paint them on now and allow to dry. If using a glitter paint or nail polish, apply a 3-4 coats then back it with a similar (or contrasting) solid color…it will otherwise usually take MANY coats of a glitter paint to get a good solid color.
3. Paint 2-3 coats of solid color on the back of the eye, allow to dry between coats.
4. Apply a clear coat of nail polish and allow to completely dry prior to applying to your project.