Explore the Sahara Desert on a camel in your own backyard!
Imagination can take you Anywhere!
One hump or two? A camel will add an adorable element to a nativity play or really whatever you decide to use it for.
Detailed instructions are clear and easy to follow. Photos accompany each step to illustrate the process.
- Deceptively easy to make
- Detailed step by step instructions
- Photos accompany each step
- Full size pattern pieces
- Tips for best results
- Two sizes included
- Variations included
- PDF digital download, available instantly after purchase
- List of vendors for various materials
- Print only the pages you need, instructions can be followed on your computer or mobile device (or printed if desired)
- Make them for a special child, event or even sell your finished camel
- Prints on standard 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper. Some pieces need to be joined with tape to create the full size template.
Experience Level Confident Beginner
Measurements: US Standard Units
Size When Complete
- ~26 inches tall
- Dowel is 7/8 inch diameter
- Weighs about 1 pound
- Head is about ~8″x 8″ x 4″
- Ideal age range ~2.5 to 4 years (varies by child)
- ~40 inches tall
- Dowel is 1 inch diameter
- Weighs about 2 pounds
- Head is ~12″ x 12″ x 6″
- Ideal age range ~3.5 to 7+ years (varies by child)
Copyright and Terms
This pattern and tutorial is copyright protected. It cannot be shared, sold, redistributed, copied, etc, in any manner in whole or in part. A full copyright statement is in the tutorial. You may make items from this pattern to sell on a small ‘home crafter’ scale. I request that credit be given to Rustic Horseshoe for the design on any items sold. This is detailed in the tutorial. I greatly appreciate your honesty and adherence to my copyright and terms, I have put a lot of hard work into not only the creation of my design, but the creation of this pattern and tutorial.
Lindsey Foster (verified owner) –
I love this pattern. The detail that goes into the pattern drafting is just wonderful. The eyelids are one of my favorite parts and the variety of inspiration photos in the tutorial are really inspiring. I have made two so far and they are a beloved part of my toddler’s herd (well, extra one is to share).
Thank you so much Lindsey! Always good to have an extra for a friend…then they can ride together! I’m so glad you love this pattern, thank you!!