The horse you can hold in your arms
Imagination can take you Anywhere!
A squishy and cuddly horse who makes the best bedtime buddy. She is so velvety smooth when made with minky, but other fabrics such as fleece also work well.
This sewing project is suitable for an adventurous confident beginner since the there isn’t any complicated sewing and I walk you through each step with detailed instructions and photos to illustrate each step. Creativity is in your hands as you make anywhere from a pink pony to a realistic horse. Includes both the Floppy Filly and Classic Colt (formerly named the Canvas Colt) and a unicorn horn.
Dress him up a little with a paddock blanket because not only is it fun but it is a quick and easy sewing project to embellish your new equine. (link below)
- Deceptively easy to make
- Detailed step by step instructions
- Photos accompany each step
- Full size pattern pieces
- Tips for best results
- Variations included
- PDF digital download, available instantly after purchase
- List of vendors for various materials
- Print only the pages you need, instructions can be followed on your computer or mobile device (or printed if desired)
- Make them for a special child, event or even sell your finished plush
- Prints on standard 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper. Some pieces need to be joined with tape to create the full size template.
Experience Level Confident Beginner to Intermediate
Measurements: US Standard Units
Size When Complete
Floppy Filly ~17 inches from hoof to ear & ~17″ from nose to hock (back leg)
Classic Colt ~12 inches from hoof to ear & ~12″ inches from nose to hock (back leg)
Copyright and Terms
This pattern and tutorial is copyright protected. It cannot be shared, sold, redistributed, copied, etc, in any manner in whole or in part. A full copyright statement is in the tutorial. You may make items from this pattern to sell on a small ‘home crafter’ scale. I request that credit be given to Rustic Horseshoe for the design on any items sold. This is detailed in the tutorial. I greatly appreciate your honesty and adherence to my copyright and terms, I have put a lot of hard work into not only the creation of my design, but the creation of this pattern and tutorial.