Bags for Function and Fun
Imagination can take you Anywhere!
What’s style without a little fun? Those lip glosses, shaped erasers, note pads, sunglasses and the perfect pebble found along the sidewalk all need a place to be carried. Oh, that book needs a good satchel to hold it while it is being taken from one place to another because who wants a damaged book!
Make a child a unique handbag or satchel to carry their most prized possessions. Encourage a child to tap into their creative side and leave the front flap blank and let them add the eyes, muzzle and other embellishments.
This bag is not only practical, but fashionable too! This project is an easy make suitable for the beginner sewist. I walk you through each step with detailed instructions accompanied by photos to illustrate the process. You will be sewing soft curves and straight lines and using applique techniques to make the face.
- Deceptively easy to make
- Detailed step by step instructions
- Photos accompany each step
- Full size pattern pieces
- Two sizes included
- Tips for best results
- Variations included
- PDF digital download, available instantly after purchase
- List of vendors for various materials
- Print only the pages you need, instructions can be followed on your computer or mobile device (or printed if desired)
- Make them for a special child, event or even sell your finished bag
- Make them for a party and let the kids put the face and forelock on!
- Prints on standard 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper. Some pieces need to be joined with tape to create the full size template.
Experience Level Beginner
Measurements: US Standard Units
Size When Complete
- 5.75 inches wide
- 6.5 inches high
- 2 inches deep
- 6.25 inches wide
- 8 inches high
- 3 inches deep
Copyright and Terms
This pattern and tutorial is copyright protected. It cannot be shared, sold, redistributed, copied, etc, in any manner in whole or in part. A full copyright statement is in the tutorial. You may make items from this pattern to sell on a small ‘home crafter’ scale. I request that credit be given to Rustic Horseshoe for the design on any items sold. This is detailed in the tutorial. I greatly appreciate your honesty and adherence to my copyright and terms, I have put a lot of hard work into not only the creation of my design, but the creation of this pattern and tutorial.
Faye Hoffe –
Could I please get this pattern in a print out?
Hi Faye, I offer most of my patterns in a professionally printed format. Additional fees for printing and shipping apply. Please email me at RusticHorseshoe@live.com and I can get you squared away. Thank You!