Travel through the Andies with your friendly llama in the warmth of your playroom
Imagination can take you Anywhere!
What isn’t to love about a llama and all of the puns that go with it (and the alpaca). This design is suitable for the confident beginner. You will sew curved lines. Optional embellishments include applique and soft sculpting. You may convert this design to a wall mount with a few adjustments, I have had several customers do so with great results!
Clear and easy to follow detailed instructions are accompanied by photos to illustrate the process.
- Deceptively easy to make
- Detailed step by step instructions
- Photos accompany each step
- Full size pattern pieces
- Tips for best results
- Two sizes included
- Variations included
- PDF digital download, available instantly after purchase
- List of vendors for various materials
- Print only the pages you need, instructions can be followed on your computer or mobile device (or printed if desired)
- Make them for a special child, event or even sell your finished llama
- Prints on standard 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper. Some pieces need to be joined with tape to create the full size template.
Experience Level Confident Beginner
Measurements: US Standard Units
Size When Complete
- ~26 inches tall
- Dowel is 7/8 inch diameter
- Weighs about 1 pound
- Head is about ~8″x 8″ x 4″
- Ideal age range ~2.5 to 4 years (varies by child)
- ~40 inches tall
- Dowel is 1 inch diameter
- Weighs about 2 pounds
- Head is ~12″ x 12″ x 6″
- Ideal age range ~3.5 to 7+ years (varies by child)
Want to make your llama with fabric eyes? I have a free tutorial to make these applique eyes.
Copyright and Terms
This pattern and tutorial is copyright protected. It cannot be shared, sold, redistributed, copied, etc, in any manner in whole or in part. A full copyright statement is in the tutorial. You may make items from this pattern to sell on a small ‘home crafter’ scale. I request that credit be given to Rustic Horseshoe for the design on any items sold. This is detailed in the tutorial. I greatly appreciate your honesty and adherence to my copyright and terms, I have put a lot of hard work into not only the creation of my design, but the creation of this pattern and tutorial.