Smell the fresh air and maple leaves!
Imagination can take you Anywhere!
Those enormous long lanky moose are simply fun. Childhood and stick horses have been two peas in a pod for centuries…even if it is a moose rather than a horse. Decor also inspires the imagination…choose the faux taxidermy option for a woodland theme will be the focal point in any room!
This project is suitable for the confident beginner and also features more intermediate to advanced options. Each step is detailed with clear instructions and photographs.
This is a two-in-one pattern! It includes two sizes in both the ride-on toy version and the wall decor version. Three antler styles, two eyelid and ear styles are also included.
- Deceptively easy to make
- Detailed step by step instructions
- Photos accompany each step
- Full size pattern pieces
- Tips for best results
- Two sizes included
- Simple antler and complex antler options
- Ride-on toy AND wall decor (faux taxidermy) included
- Variations included
- PDF digital download, available instantly after purchase
- List of vendors for various materials
- Print only the pages you need, instructions can be followed on your computer or mobile device (or printed if desired)
- Make them for a special child, event or even sell your finished reindeer
- Prints on standard 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper. Some pieces need to be joined with tape to create the full size template.
Experience Level Confident Adventurous Beginner
Measurements: US Standard Units
Size When Complete
- ~26 inches tall
- Dowel is 7/8 inch diameter
- Weighs about 1 pound
- Head is about ~8″x 8″ x 4″ (excluding antlers)
- Ideal age range ~2.5 to 4 years (varies by child)
- ~40 inches tall
- Dowel is 1 inch diameter
- Weighs about 2 pounds
- Head is ~12″ x 12″ x 6″ (excluding antlers)
- Ideal age range ~3.5 to 7+ years (varies by child)
Want to make your moose with fabric eyes? I have a free tutorial to make applique eyes.
Copyright and Terms
This pattern and tutorial is copyright protected. It cannot be shared, sold, redistributed, copied, etc, in any manner in whole or in part. A full copyright statement is in the tutorial. You may make items from this pattern to sell on a small ‘home crafter’ scale. I request that credit be given to Rustic Horseshoe for the design on any items sold. This is detailed in the tutorial. I greatly appreciate your honesty and adherence to my copyright and terms, I have put a lot of hard work into not only the creation of my design, but the creation of this pattern and tutorial.