Love elephants? Curvy cuddles are just stitches away.
Imagination can take you Anywhere!
A quirky, squishy and cuddly elphant or mammoth is sure to bring snuggles and smiles! A variety of fabrics work well for this project, my favorite for optimum softness and shape is minky.
This sewing project is suitable for an adventurous confident beginner, but is recommended for intermediate levels. I walk you through each step with detailed instructions and photos to illustrate each step. Your creativity is encouraged with variations to help you customize your stuffed animal. Variations can also help you plan for the skill level and time commitment of your project.
Add a little tutu for a girly touch or a bowtie for a dapper chunky fellow…or as one pattern tester did, add some bling draped across the trunk.
- Deceptively easy to make
- Detailed step by step instructions
- Photos accompany each step
- Full size pattern pieces
- Tips for best results
- Variations included
- Two Trunk Options (including poseable)
- Two Ear Options
- Three Tusk Options
- Mammoth Option
- PDF digital download, available instantly after purchase
- List of vendors for various materials
- Print only the pages you need, instructions can be followed on your computer or mobile device (or printed if desired)
- Make them for a special child, event or even sell your finished plush
- Prints on standard 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper.
Experience Level Intermediate with Advanced options
Measurements: US Standard Units
Size When Complete
~23 inches from hoof to top of head
~10 inches wide
Copyright and Terms
This pattern and tutorial is copyright protected. It cannot be shared, sold, redistributed, copied, etc, in any manner in whole or in part. A full copyright statement is in the tutorial. You may make items from this pattern to sell on a small ‘home crafter’ scale. I request that credit be given to Rustic Horseshoe for the design on any items sold. This is detailed in the tutorial. I greatly appreciate your honesty and adherence to my copyright and terms, I have put a lot of hard work into not only the creation of my design, but the creation of this pattern and tutorial.