In our world of imagination, even a cactus is cuddly.
Imagination can take you Anywhere!
You wouldn’t think you can get very creative with a cactus…but just you wait and see!
This sewing project is suitable for an adventurous confident beginner since there isn’t any complicated sewing. I walk you through each step with detailed instructions and photos to illustrate each step. Your creativity is encouraged with variations to help you customize your cacti.
Variations can also help you plan for the skill level and time commitment of your project. The pillow is a fairly easy and quick project where the floor décor option can get cumbersome and tricky, especially the taller you make it.
Add a little face, Christmas lights, a cavity with an owl, etc. Make it as detailed or simple as you’d like!
- Deceptively easy to make
- Detailed step by step instructions
- Photos accompany each step
- Full size pattern pieces
- Tips for best results
- Variations included
- Bonus…how to make a cavity
- Bonus…how to make a peek-a-boo owl
- Bonus…how to make a cat scratcher pot
- Includes how to make flowers – 2 ways!
- PDF digital download, available instantly after purchase
- List of vendors for various materials
- Print only the pages you need, instructions can be followed on your computer or mobile device (or printed if desired)
- Make them for a friend, event, yourself or even sell your finished cactus
- Prints on standard 8.5″ x 11″ printer paper.
- Join templates with tape to create full template pieces.
Experience Level Confident Beginner with Intermediate options
Measurements: US Standard Units
Size When Complete
Pillow – About 15 inches tall
Floor Décor – Start around 36 inches and make it as tall as you want to tackle (the tallest one pictured here is almost 6 feet)
Copyright and Terms
This pattern and tutorial is copyright protected. It cannot be shared, sold, redistributed, copied, etc, in any manner in whole or in part. A full copyright statement is in the tutorial. You may make items from this pattern to sell on a small ‘home crafter’ scale. I request that credit be given to Rustic Horseshoe for the design on any items sold. This is detailed in the tutorial. I greatly appreciate your honesty and adherence to my copyright and terms, I have put a lot of hard work into not only the creation of my design, but the creation of this pattern and tutorial.